Sunday, September 9, 2012

Research

Research

A key ingredient to creating a documentary is having good research techniques, and sufficient sources to find content to display in your film. A key piece of research in the production of my documentary has been my contact with a local historian in Pittsburgh by the name of Jude Wudarczyk. Wudarczyk has a very vast background in knowledge of the history of Lawrenceville, the neighborhood in which Saint Mary's Lyceum is located. He is also a published author, writing of several topics about the history of Lawrenceville. In speaking with Mr. Wudarczyk, I have received information that I could not have found otherwise. I also plan on interviewing Wudarczyk, to hear his insight on the history of the neighborhood and the building specifically. The research that I did to obtain the information that Wudarczyk has given to me, has helped get my documentary on its feet. The research has also opened doors to more research as well. With information that Wudarczyk possesses alone, I have plenty of material for my documentary.



Jude Wudarczyk (left) and his brother, James Wudarczyk (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment