Thursday, September 27, 2012

A litte help from the outside: Ryan McNaughton

Meet one of the people helping me along the way with my documentary, Ryan McNaughton.

McNaughton is my faculty, or broadcast expert consultant on the project. McNaughton currently teaches a sports broadcasting course here at Westminster.

He also currently works as a Career Counselor at Kent State University, but has 13 years of experience in the broadcast field. Ryan has worn many hats over the years, working as a sports reporter and producer at News 10 Now in the Syracuse area, Communications assistant for the Cleveland Browns, not to mention a number of other positions.

McNaughton earned his Master's Degree in Counselor Education from Westminster College and his undergraduate degree from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.

I asked McNaughton to help me with my documentary as my consultant because he has a vast background in the broadcasting business, more specifically the sports broadcasting field, a career that I am looking to pursue.

McNaughton is helping me with the project by advising me on different aspects of the documentary. Most recently, McNaughton gave me an idea of who I could contact for help in the production of the music for the film. He has agreed to advise me throughout the course of the semester, giving me feedback on my progress, and the overall creation of the Living Legend film.

You can learn more about Ryan McNaughton here:

http://www.kent.edu/career/about/~rmcnaug2/

No comments:

Post a Comment