Friday, September 21, 2012

Living Legend to be entered to film festival
 
 
I have decided to enter the documentary into the Soutside Film Festival in Bethlehem, PA. I chose this festival because the deadline is time appropriate (February 14th), and the entry fee is very cheap ($15.00). The one disadvantage of the festival is that it is not close to Pittsburgh, where St. Mary's Lyceum is located. I was hoping that those from the Lawrenceville community interested in seeing the film could come to the festival, but unless another film festival in Pittsburgh surfaces, that probably will not happen. While I wanted to enter the film into the Three Rivers Film Festival in Pittsburgh, the deadline for that particular festival was too early, as the festival takes place in November. To make up for not submitting my documentary in Pittsburgh, I plan on submitting the film to WQED Filmmaker's Corner. This is not a contest, so to speak, however, the Filmmaker's Corner features documentaries about local subjects, perfect for what my documentary is about. This way, those from the Pittsburgh area will be able to view the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment